(1) powder metallurgy technology can minimize the segregation of alloy components and eliminate coarse and uneven casting structure. It plays an important role in the preparation of high performance rare earth permanent magnetic materials, rare earth hydrogen storage materials, rare earth luminescent materials, rare earth catalysts, high temperature superconducting materials and new metal materials (such as Al-Li alloy, heat resistant Al alloy, superalloy, powder corrosion resistant stainless steel, powder high speed steel, high temperature structure material for intermetallic compounds, etc.).
(2) a series of high performance nonequilibrium materials, such as amorphous, microcrystalline, quasicrystal, nanocrystalline and supersaturated solid solution, can be prepared. These materials have excellent electrical, magnetic, optical and mechanical properties.
(3) it is easy to realize multiple types of composite and give full play to the characteristics of each component. It is a low cost technology for producing high performance metal base and ceramic composite.
(4) materials and products with special structures and properties that can not be produced by the common smelting process, such as new porous biomaterials, porous membrane materials, high performance ceramic grinding tools and functional ceramic materials, can be produced.
(5) near net formation and automatic mass production can be achieved, so that resources and energy consumption can be effectively reduced.
(6) it is a new technology that can make full use of ore, tailings, steelmaking sludge, steel rolling and scrap metal as raw materials, which can be used effectively for material regeneration and comprehensive utilization.